Monday, May 17, 2010

Assignment: How I spent my summer vacation

Dear chairs, directors and assistants,


I am working on a piece called “Assignment: How I spent my summer vacation,” which will be a photo essay pitched to prospective undergraduates, to show some of the great IU programs in which College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate students can participate. Here’s where I need your help. If you or someone in your department is leading such a program, please consider documenting the program with high resolution photos and sending them to me for use in this piece. Here is an example: Michael Hamburger’s G188 2nd-8-weeks class from the spring semester is spending two weeks on a field trip in the Sierra Nevada. Pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/sierra.volcano.2010. Ideally, the pictures you submit will be of high enough resolution for use in a print piece.

So…. Summer in Florence, learning art history and Italian? Pictures, please!

Summer in an on-campus language immersion program? Or working in a Biology, Chemistry, Physics lab? Let me know and I will come and take some pictures.

Hello, Judson Meade Geologic Field Station! Pictures of this year’s students, please?

Overseas Study in Beijing? Quito? St. Petersburg? Jerusalem? Cairo?

Archeological Field station in Montana and Wyoming… anyone have a camera out there?

Please forward this request as appropriate. Many, many thanks for your help with this. Have a great summer.

Jocelyn Bowie
Director of Communications and Marketing
IU College of Arts and Sciences
Von Lee 201
517 East Kirkwood Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47408-4060
812-855-5265
jbowie@indiana.edu

Visit the College at: http://www.college.indiana.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment